just watched a great recap of the 2004 alcs of yanks vs red sox… the year where sox came back from down 0-3 and won the whole thing. i was at game seven. damnit. but ok sox fans you get that. we have had plenty of those.
my cliff notes after watching the series:
- Ortiz was insane. He was also jacked up on steroids.
- Arod did a hilarious glove slap at first base.
- Umpires reveresed the safe call and then people were throwing things on the field (embarassing)… swat team, etc..
- Would would have thought a key guy would turn out to be that fast little fucker Dave Roberts. He wouldnt be on your fantasty baseball team.
- Rubin Sierra? Damnit. Kevin Brown sucks. Different team than the yanks in 2003. (when we made pedro our daddy)
- Pedro is a little bitch. Arod was a little bitch (he’s much more mature now). with those two there was a lot of drama (and talking shit). Made for some good times.
i was at game 7 in new york with my brother. sucked that we lost but was an awesome atmosphere and i figure with 27 world championships we can “spread the wealth” around a little bit. its only fair.
Game Summary 2004 ALCS
New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox
Boston wins the series, 4–3.
|1||October 12||Boston Red Sox – 7, New York Yankees – 10||Yankee Stadium (I)||3:20||56,135|
|2||October 13||Boston Red Sox – 1, New York Yankees – 3||Yankee Stadium (I)||3:15||56,136|
|3||October 16||New York Yankees – 19, Boston Red Sox – 8||Fenway Park||4:20||35,126|
|4||October 17||New York Yankees – 4, Boston Red Sox – 6 (12 innings)||Fenway Park||5:02||34,826|
|5||October 18||New York Yankees – 4, Boston Red Sox – 5 (14 innings)||Fenway Park||5:49||35,120|
|6||October 19||Boston Red Sox – 4, New York Yankees – 2||Yankee Stadium (I)||3:50||56,128|
|7||October 20||Boston Red Sox – 10, New York Yankees – 3||Yankee Stadium (I)||3:31||56,129|